Friday, June 13, 2008

This is what I did today

Our play room is always a freaking wreck, there's so much stuff and not much organization going on in there. So I broke down and finally got it the way I want it, and dammit, it better stay this way.

So this is what I started with - it's not usually this messy but I threw everything on the floor and in boxes, I needed to make a mess to get it clean I guess.






First, I cleared out the closet so we could put up some shelving. Corey painted the closet, if you know Corey then I don't need to explain the random unpainted spot on the back wall.



Then, I put everything into boxes, buckets, whatever I could find to contain it all.






Corey started putting things on the shelves before I could snap pictures, but I took all the stuff off anyway because it wasn't where I wanted it.



I went to work, going through everything and organizing and putting it all into place. I didn't get too much done the first day, we had a lot going on, but I got through several boxes. This is what it looked like at then end of the day.





Yesterday I didn't do anything, I just couldn't get motivated. But today, I decided to just get it done. I worked all day, got done at about 10:30, and I'm exhausted.

At long last, the finished product!!!








3 comments:

April said...

That looks GREAT Alyssa!

C. said...

Great job!

sarah said...

One thing I have learned from being a nanny: a child's bedroom will never be clean...its an endless chore. But you sure did a good job! (This is Sarah by the way I finally started a blog)