Friday, October 17, 2008

Dinner tonight was awesome

First I made mini-meatloaves for the boys. They loved them, ate 5-6 apiece. I used my mini-muffin pan and they were just the right size for the boys.



I mixed together a pound of hamburger, half a can of tomato soup, and half a cup of oatmeal. Then I spooned the mixture into my mini muffin tins. Baked at 375 for 40 minutes (recipe called for 30 but mine weren't done at that time). Then I sprinkled them with shredded cheese and put them back in the oven for 3 minutes.



Then, the most amazing part.

Chicken fried bacon.

Yes you read right.

SO good.


I soaked the bacon in milk and then coated it with a flour/seasoned salt mixture. Then I fried it for about a minute and a half on each side, just until it turned golden brown.

The bacon is so crisp that it melts in your mouth. You have to handle it carefully or it will crumble.

I think I'll try deep fried Coke next. Or a deep fried Snickers bar.

1 comments:

Kandi said...

I planned on making meatloaf this week and am SO going to try it in the mini muffin tin - thanks for the tip! :)